Hello internet. Long time no write.
I have been feeling v e r y drained recently. And I have been struggling lots with coming to terms with this. For most of my life, I have been a high achiever, constantly pushing myself to do more more MORE. I am a fairly experienced and successful multi-tasker, who would never even consider giving up on a project I’ve already started. Like, never.
I’m on my 11th week back at university or so, this semester, and I am empty. I have had a trying few months, and it’s safe to say I feel emotionally and physically depleted in many ways.
I don’t know what to do, other than take some time off, and hope that my motivation, strength and willpower comes back soon. The alternative (pushing through, forcing myself to work, when my body and brain are screaming for me to avoid it as much as possible) seems absolutely impossible for me at the moment.
Things I am going to do to recharge:
- light candles before bed
- not look at my phone before going to sleep
- reading fiction before going to sleep
- making realistic to-do lists, instead of mammoth ones which give me anxiety
- write my feelings in my journal
- eat well, to nourish both my body *and* soul
- work for little bursts every day, trying to chip away at the mountain of work I have got without feeling bad about not being able to do it all
All the love in the world,xo Linda